Suzaku Kururugi & Lelouch vi Britannia ♥
Chibi S&M?| 蛆.
Jennifer Morrison in ALEXA’s September Issue
I thought this was necessary to do.
HOW TO TELL IF SOMETHING IS A JUMPSCARE
Since Halloween is coming up soon, I figured I would try to make a small guide on how to tell if something is a jumpscare video or not. Please keep in mind that this isn’t 100% accurate, and the best thing to do is use your own judgement.
That said, usually a video contains a jumpscare if:
- It tells you to look closely or to turn the music up, or already has small/poor quality images and quiet music
- If it’s on Youtube, the comments and ratings will either have poor reactions (ex. “wtf is wrong with you!!! that scared my (insert younger family member here)”) or be disabled.
- The most recently circulated one (a flashing/screaming image of Jeff the Killer) is a .swf file, so if you’re sent a suspicious link, hover over it. If it ends in .swf, it’s best to just not open it.
- The most popular jumpscares are “Relaxing Car Ride,” “Scary Maze,” “Subliminal Images and Music,” “Michael Jackson Ghost,” “Kikia,” and “Where’s Waldo?”
Also keep in mind that Youtube now enables automatically-repeating videos, meaning that some screamers may repeat themselves over and over until you close the window (in non-Youtube instances, the site may even make it to where you can’t close the window, meaning that you or someone else has to unplug your computer).
Someone messaged me recently about tinyurls, and how people have been using them to send people jumpscares. If you have a concern regarding a tinyurl, add preview. to the beginning of the url (including the period!) so that it will show you what the link leads to! for example, if the link was “tinyurl.com/6c8nryl”, you would type “preview.tinyurl.com/6c8nryl” (for those who are worried, the url leads to cuteroulette)
Again, stay safe!
I HAVE THREE WORDS THAT WILL BRING JOY TO YOUR HEART:
little league quidditch
#all brooms fly like 3 feet off the ground#the bludgers are stuffed animals#keepers often get distracted by clouds#the seekers are better at playing tag than catching the snitch#games are over when it’s naptime
Reading List 2014
- Lucy Wadham, The Secret Life of France
- Anthony Horowitz, The House of Silk
- Rysa Walker, Timebound
- N.K. Jemisin, The Dreaming Moon
- Chuck Wendigo, Under the Empyrean Sky
- Harlan Coben, Tell No One
- The Descent of Ishtar
- Sherrilyn Kenyon, Fantasy Lover
- The Epic of Gilgamesh
- Black Widow: The Name of the Rose, Kiss or Kill
- Sherrilyn Kenyon, Night Pleasures
- Sherrilyn Kenyon, Night Embrace
- Julie Maroh, Le bleu est une couleur chaude
- Runaways, vol. 1 and 2
- Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples, Saga, vol. 1 and 2
- scyllaya, Bend Around The Wind
- Veronica Roth, Divergent
- Like_a_Hurricane, Catch and Release
- A.S. Byatt, Ragnarok
- Tim Anderson, Tune in Tokyo: the Gaijin Diaries
- Bride Stories, vol. 1-3
- Naomi Novik, Temeraire
- Violet Kupersmith, The Frangipani Hotel
- Pauline Kiernan, Filthy Shakespeare
- Joanne M. Harris, The Gospel of Loki
- Allison Bechdel, Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic
- Marjane Satrapi, Persepolis
- Jeanette Winterson, A Promise
- Veronica Roth, Insurgent
- Kayako Shimatsuki, Coelacanth
- Veronica Roth, Allegiant
If a white boy walked around with a samurai sword, he wouldn’t be gunned down by the police.
DARRIEN HUNT WAS COSPLAYING WITH HIS SAMURAI SWORD AND THE POLICE MURDERED HIM.